Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grilled Pork with Basmati Rice

This picture I realize is not in focus and I know my salad looks pretty lame. Caleb and I are simple though. I buy the Organic Spring Mix from Sam's and I add petite carrots and some bell pepper.


I also buy the pork at Sam's. I buy the big pork tendorloin which is very lean and it costs about $15. When I get home from the store I cut it up into about 20 pork chops and wrap them individually and freeze it. So, if we have last minute guests there is always something in the freezer I can cook.


I really like Basmati rice; it's not as sticky as Jasmine rice. Sometimes I cook it with chicken stock, but lately instead of chicken stock I boil the water with 1 1/2 teaspoons of Season Salt and a couple dashs of black pepper. I also add about two teaspoons of olive oil to the water instead of butter.


It was a good meal even if I didn't photograph it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment