Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grilled Chicken w/ Pasta




Last night I made Grilled Chicken with Linguine. Perhaps it would look healthier and more colorful if I had added some steamed broccoli.


To Make:

I used two boneless skinless chicken breasts. I added some olive oil, salt and pepper for flavor and then grilled it.


I cooked the linguine. I used half of a small box and that made about three servings. I cooked to Linguine until it was al dente. (about 5 minutes in boiling water). I put 1/2 a teasp. of salt in the water.


I chopped two cloves of garlic, some grape tomatoes and fresh basil.


On medium/high I heated up about two to three tablespoons of olive oil and added the garlic. I sauteed the garlic for maybe 30 to 45 seconds. Then, I added the tomatoes and basil. I let it all sautee and bubble for about 1 minute. Next, I poured in about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth. I let this all heat back up and by this time the noodles were ready so I quickly drained the noodles and added them to the tomato mixture.


At this point it was pretty soupy. I was worried my noodle would get over cooked. I hate mushy noodles. So, I cranked the heat up to high and let it boil uncovered. It ended up perfect (at least in my opinion). The liquid evaporated and the noodles soaked up the nice chicken stock flavor and they weren't mushy!

I chopped up the grilled chicken and garnished with Parmesian.


That all made about 3 servings. One for me and one for my hubby and one to keep in the fridge.

1 comment: